03 April 2007

Life of Intern, last 48hrs (approximately)

Sunday, April 1st
6:44am wake up with burning throat, guzzle water, attempt to go back to sleep. FAIL.
8:30am get up, make poster, attempt to get poster to print. FAIL.
9:55am work.
12:50pm Leave work as throat is swelling shut. Proceed immediately to Linc Care
3:30pm Leave Linc Care with no diagnosis but with a prescription for antibiotics
4pmish attempt to eat something
5:30pm attempt to sleep off pain in throat/glands. FAIL.
8:30pm wake up, realize pain is worse. call someone else to fill prescription as pharmacy within walking distance is closed and should probably not operate motor-vehicle in this state.
10pm take antibiotic, unaware of side effects.
11pm attempt to sleep. FAIL.

Monday, April 2nd
12am become aware of side effects of antibiotic. Spend hours in fetal position as stomach tries to plow way out of self.
1amish fever kicks in
2am still awake, in misery.
3am still awake, in misery.
4am still awake, in misery but realize that sinuses have partially cleared.
5am still awake, in misery.
6am still awake, in misery, but fever is breaking.
7am attempt to call in sick to work, can barely do so as have no voice.
7:10am sleep, blessed, blessed sleep.
2:30pm wake up. delighted to find strawberry jello. try a little ravioli too.
3pm take antibiotic, again.
4pm wait for side effects to pass.
5:30pm more sleep.
8:30pm jello, part two.
9pm attempt to work on resume. word not compliant.
10pm attempt to sleep. FAIL.
11pm attempt to sleep. FAIL.

Tuesday, April 3rd
12am attempt to sleep. FAIL.
1am attempt to sleep. FAIL.
2am sleep.
3am sleep.
4am sleep.
5am wake up. Note appearance of cough. attempt to go back to sleep. FAIL.
6am attempt to sleep. FAIL.
7am attempt to sleep. FAIL.
8am email professors. Eat more jell-o. determine that jello-o x4 might = gagging.
8:30am blog.

4 comments:

C.D. said...

Reading this makes my throat hurt.

Anonymous said...

very rhetorically effective.

I forgive you. (god, I did so need you to come in today). not your fault. I get the message.

Unknown said...

I like this thing here...very interesting, and almost exciting.

Why did it take three two hours and forty minutes at Linc Care? Have incompetent bastarads infiltrated the health system?!

Jessica said...

I loathe Linc Care. A simliar sinus infection had me on my death bed for days and I got my perscription from Linc Care. I later found out I'd been delirious with fever and pain and had right well annoyed my mother.